3.12.2008

breathe in, breathe out

i'm a little overwhelmed.

i'm really really looking forward to going to california spring of next year. its an incredible opportunity, and i'm busy getting ready for it. but while i was looking at the metro system, the burbank bus line, how to get from place to place, etc, i became terrified.

there's so much on my plate right now, that i just don't know what to do with it all. i have two weeks to become MORE than prepared for exams in excel, word, and powerpoint. i feel confident with powerpoint, okay with word, and i think i might fail excel. if i don't pass these, i can't register for classes next semester. and if i can't register for classes next semester, that KIND of screws me up for the rest of my college experience. yikes.

and that's just a little piece of it. but california is lurking in the back of my mind now. this is going to be an incredible and amazing tie. but what happens if it just eats me up and spits me out? i've lived in the suburbs my entire life. the outskirts of pittsburgh, where the scariest thing i had to encounter was a male deer getting ready to charge your car.

and then to lexington, where the scariest thing is a homeless man who just wants a beer, but if you don't give it to him, would love to reminsce about his days as a thorougbred trainer. these aren't that scary of things!

i'm sure i'll be fine in LA. but the thought of it is overwhelming to me right now. i think its just because there's so much i have to accomplish in one week, but so little time to do it, that the thought of doing it all in a different place terrifies me. i'll be okay, i know this.

i just wish my head did!

No comments: